In consideration of my being allowed to participate in the classes of Dewi Tari Perkasa, PT., herein referred to as "Nyx Dance Studio" and to use its equipment, I agree to the following waiver and release:
1.) I, for myself, my heirs, executors or anyone else who may claim on my behalf, hereby waive, release and forever discharge, Nyx Dance Studio and its employees, representatives, and agents from any and all responsibilities or liability from personal injury, death, damage to property or loss of any kind resulting from participation in any programs or my use of equipment in the above-mentioned activities.
2.) I do also hereby release Nyx Dance Studio and its officers, agents, employees, and representative from any responsibility or liability for any injury or damage to myself, including those caused by negligence.
3.) I understand that strength, flexibility and aerobic exercise, including the use of equipment offered by Nyx Dance Studio is a potentially hazardous activity with certain risks and benefits, some of which include but are in no way limited to: soft tissue injuries such as wounds, bruises, muscle strain, muscle soreness, sprains, acute strains, broken bones, head injuries, back/neck injuries, knee/foot injuries, heart attacks, death, improved cardiovascular fitness and flexibility, increased strength and muscle tone.
4.) I also understand that while some of the risks and hazards involved in using the equipment of Nyx Dance Studio are foreseeable, others are not. I understand that fitness activities involve a risk of injury and even death, and I am voluntarily participating in these activities and using equipment with knowledge of the dangers involved. I hereby agree to expressly assume and accept any and all risks of injury or death.
5.) I acknowledge that I have either had a physical examination and been given my physician’s permission to participate, or that I have decided to participate in activities and use equipment without the approval of my physician and do hereby assume all responsibility for my participation and activities and utilization of equipment and machinery in my activities.
6.) I understand that the owners/employees/instructors of Nyx Dance Studio are not medical personnel, may make no medical judgments, give no medical advice and provide no medical care or therapy.
7.) I understand that all of the choreography, instructional techniques, as well as the class structure contained within these classes have been created expressly for ‘Nyx Dance Studio’ by its owner/creator, and fall under copyright/trademark laws as intellectual property, and may not be resold or bartered for material gain or material profit of any kind without express written permission and fair compensation to ‘Nyx Dance Studio’
8.) I agree that once I gave my consent to the Nyx Dance Studio, its employees, or agents to take photographs, videotape, or digital recordings of me, they are permitted to use these in any and all media, now or hereafter known, and exclusively for the purpose of promoting the Nyx Dance Studio’s services.
9.) I agree to abide by all studio policies and procedures of Nyx Dance Studio I have read, understand, and have had the opportunity to ask questions regarding this legal document and I hereby unconditionally release Nyx Dance Studio, its officers, agents, representatives, employees and instructors from any and all liability resulting from any injuries which may result from classes, instruction, parties, events and/or equipment.
10.) I acknowledge that any information or training I receive at Nyx Dance Studio, is property of Nyx Dance Studio and should not be taught at other studios, seminars, workshops, parks, venues, online, at home, etc unless Nyx Dance Studio has given permission to do so. All materials and classes at Nyx Dance Studio are intellectual property of Nyx Dance Studio and cannot be taught elsewhere without the express permission of Nyx Dance Studio. In the event of a dispute concerning this agreement of intellectual property, I agree to pay for any and all costs incurred by Nyx Dance Studio in prosecuting or defending the dispute, including but not limited to Nyx Dance Studio’s reasonable attorney fees. I have read the above agreement and fully understand its contents.
In addition, I understand and acknowledge that:
• Payment is required in advance for all classes and packages.
• Payments for all of the above are non-refundable and non-transferable except for a cancelled class where the student(s) paid for drop in.
• All cancellations/reschedules must be conducted no later than 12 hours prior to the class start with an exception of medical emergency, where a doctor’s note must be presented.
* Doctor's note must be presented no later than 3 hours before the scheduled time, otherwise class cannot be cancelled / rescheduled.
* Due to the ease of counterfeiting a doctor's note in Indonesia, we will only accept a handwritten doctor's note from a registered clinic or hospital.
• Package validity cannot be extended except in the case where a doctor's note is presented stating the maximum amount of time an individual has to rest / recover, where the package validity will be extended according to the stated time. Please read the statements above regarding medical emergency.
• I understand that taking classes in Nyx Dance Studio in this time of pandemic has its risk. There is no guarantee whatsoever of me being safe from the risk of the corona virus, and if I am / my friends / my family to contract to the virus, it is my own responsibility and I shall not shed any kinds of responsibility to Nyx Dance Studio.
By signing this release, I agree with all the terms and conditions above, without exceptions.